Sunday, February 24, 2008

No, I am not a nun :-)

My husband gave me this nickname when he first met me. His grandparents went to a church where they called each other Brother so and so, or Sister so and so. I decided to use this as a title for my blog after searching for a month and every idea I had was taken...I should have known that like Solomon said "there is nothing new under the sun."

So if there is nothing new why am I bothering to write this? Because I believe that each person has had experiences that uniquely qualifies them to share about a subject, and that each one of us can impact someones life for good. If you read my profile you know that I've been a hair designer for ages. Every once in a while I'll speak at a beauty school nearby my salon to encourage the students to enjoy their profession. I want them to see how many opportunities there are in the Hairdressing world, and to not limit themselves. I also talk to them about taking care of their health and staying away from drugs and alcohol, because I know that my industry not only opens doors to success, but also provides opportunities for self-destruction. I know from experience because I got deeply involved in the drug world while I was in beauty school and it was only by God's mercy that I got out.

There is something else I know, because I've worked with people for years I hear their heart cries. The temptation to use drugs is still everywhere. Parents who have children into drugs want to know if there is hope. Children desperate for love try to find it in a bottle, in their parents medicine cabinet, by smoking, and sneaking out with their friends. Does this sound familiar? Don't fear. There is hope, God's love is enough for everyone. My prayer for you today is that you be reconciled to God. Receive His love. Pray for your children and wait for Him to do a miracle. Children, pray for your parents and your friends that are into to drugs, don't give up. God is not slow, His timing is perfect. He is waiting to hear from you.

I want to leave you with this word from Oswald Chambers:
"Never let your sense of failure corrupt your new action."

No comments: